Over $500k Infused Into Our Community
Giving Time, TALENT & Treasure to local nonprofits since 2003
We’re a bit unconventional. We believe standing for something is contagious and that giving back is fun. That’s why we take a different approach to philanthropy. By selecting and lifting up a new nonprofit each year, we create long-term relationships between our supporters and partners based on shared values and passions. We are also able to share a cause that is relevant and accessible, tailored to each year. Through our diverse and growing nonprofit network, we continually enlighten ourselves and supporters about Portland’s most vulnerable and strive to give them a voice through volunteering, activism, and fundraising.
In addition to raising immediate and unrestricted funds for our annual partners through our signature event, we seek to build long-term support by exposing a new demographic to the organization and its mission. Our hope is that they will then become lifelong supporters, helping the organizations expand their donor base and build their next generation of supporters, advocates and volunteers. Each year since our inception, Levé’s cash contributions, volunteerism and activism have grown. In total, we've infused nearly half a million dollars into the local nonprofit community thanks to our awesome network of supporters!
By selecting a different type of nonprofit each year, our hope is that if one doesn’t resonate one year, the next year’s nonprofit’s mission will, and that our event-goers continue to support that nonprofit with time and resources well into the future. Essentially, Levé's goal is to help nonprofit organizations widen their footprint in the community and expand their donor base, providing a platform for which to publicize the essential work.
Igniting a Movement to Do More Good
We believe standing for something is contagious
Our credo is to do more good. Levé was born of the belief that anyone can make a difference. In fact, we know that the impact of a lot of smaller donations is often more effective than a few large ones. That's because when we do something for someone else, that good energy ripples out; it's contagious. It's literally science. When we build charitable habits, we are better citizens, colleagues, parents and friends—and we inspire others to be too. And thus is the magic of the ripple effect.
We consume over 10 hours of media every day. It can be difficult to cull through it all to determine what matters. That’s why we take our responsibility as (unofficial) community advisers so seriously at Levé. Since 2004, our volunteer board of young professional women have vetted hundreds of applications from local nonprofits, narrowing it down to one annual partner each year. Our unique process connects our supporters with diverse causes and trusted organizations each year, concluding with an unconventional fundraiser that is designed to teach our peers what it means to give back.
Levé membership has also evolved into a “training ground” for young philanthropists. Comprised of some of Portland’s most driven and gracious women, Levé provides an opportunity to cultivate not only nonprofit endeavors, but also significant professional and personal growth. It’s not uncommon for members to get new jobs, learn new skills, or even change careers entirely based on a connection they make. Perhaps best of all, is the sisterhood and friendship we share. Together, our goal is to inspire and mobilize the next generation of givers in Portland and beyond.
- 2012: Willamette Valley Development Officers (WVDO ) – Crystal Award recipient
- 2012: March of Dimes – White Rose Honor
- 2011: Girls Inc., Power of the Purse Purse-o-nality
- 2010: Oregon Governor’s Volunteer Awards, Outstanding Volunteer Program
- 2010: Bank of America, Local Hero Award – awarded to board member Megan Dobson for activating her middle school students to get involved in Philanthropy using Levé’s model of giving back.
In the news:
- Portland Society Page, "Levé's Annual Charity Ball Celebrates and Supports Incight" (2014)
- Portland Society Page, "10th Annual Charity Ball Raises $145,000" (2014)
- Portland Monthly's Portland Pages, "Levé's Ninth Annual Charity Ball" (2012)
- Portland Society Page, "Levé's Ninth Annual Charity Ball Benefits "I Have a Dream" Oregon" (2012)
- Portland Society Page, "Crystal Awards Sparkle for Willamette Valley Development Officers" (2012)
- Portland Society Page, "Levé Charity Ball Raises Money for Loaves & Fishes Centers" (2011)
- The Oregonian, "Portland Heroes and Nonprofits Recognized by Bank of America's Neighborhood Excellence Initiative" (2010)
- The Oregonian, "A Fresh Take on Philanthropy" (2008)